Do as I say. Me too!
Today was a fun day! I got up early for Patrick. He got everyone done and when we went to do Lyric I mentioned that she seems to be sliding forward off her shoes. And he noticed that she is pressing hard laterally, so much that her lateral side clips are almost "burned" into her hoof wall compared to the medial side clips. And I was telling him about how she still buckled her hind end once or twice but it was soooo much better. So he thought long and hard and then he added some trailers to her hind shoes. Which worries me a tad because she interferes, but... I figured we'd see. Maybe it'll give her enough support that she will track more straight.
After he left, I turned them out to get some water and grass and made myself some toast and then went back and got Lyric and we headed to Ashland to meet Jessica for our knowledge swap.
Flatted. lyric was amazing!!!! So soft and willing and had energy on her own. SOft and floaty and even in the connection.
tracking Left, soften the right rein, almost cross her neck with the left but don't. (Kelly eaton style too). turn my sternum to the left, bring her right shoulder around. Use the inside rein as a barrier to push her shoulder out... can use an opening rein a little bit but she falls in, so barely! Tracking right, make sure I'm softly playing the left rein instead of just hanging on it.
when tracking to the left and changing to the right, ride almost a square turn. When going from tracking right to the left, push her shoulders to the new outside, almost overbend the inside to push her into the new outside rein. and sit to the outside.
sooooo lovely and soft. lots of breaks to reward. Didn't canter.
went to XC. did the banks and had fun. she was good. Then did a tiny quick course... and it was a disaster. She was so scrambly and I lost her shoulders and she dove at the fences on the forehand and we had a run out and i was up her neck. ha... all the things I just told jessica to NOT DO! So we fixed it... i unscrambled her.
played some more. Jessica pointed out that if I can keep her tempo the same and not let her get longer and flatter and faster a few strides out, she doesn't lose her confidence. Her "speeding up" is anxiety. Ahhhh... So keep her tempo steady and slow her down but stay supportive. Much more effective and helpful and she started jumpign better.
quick hack to lake to cool off. lots of pawing. good pony
photos: 9-26 progress. add videos
Comments
Post a Comment