Just not my week....

 Sigh... I know, I know... minor inconveniences... first world problems... but GRRRRRRR!!! First, I started my period again, which... I had it a week ago.. at the beach, mind you. Then... I've still only got one horse to ride because Dan is recovering from injections (and lost a shoe this morning) and Funny is missing a shoe. But, that's okay.. I will take Lyric to Ashland and ride with Sharon and then pop over some XC fences and then come home and go to the lake with Mike. I'm making lemonade out of lemons. (But I still had a short pity party). 

 

And it was a really pretty morning. It was a bit overcast but it burned off and it wasn't quite as sweltering and there was a nice breeze. And it was actually slightly cooling, vs just blowing hot humid air on us. So yay for that. We got to Ashland and I talked to Sharon about my tack woes with Dan. We played around a bit with which headstall should go with which bosal and what shirt matches my cinch vs my breastcollar in hopes of getting a new breastcollar made. And then we tacked up and headed out. Which meant we were already a bit behind on timing. But no worries. 

 

We headed out and Lyric felt pretty good. She wasn't super sluggish or mincy and seemed happy to be out. We hacked around the perimeter mostly and tried to stay in the shade for the cooler temps. Because, despite the breeze, the sun had come out and it was still hot. But then the bugs were bad in the woods. Poor Lyric was not a happy camper. She was trying hard to be good, but kept swishing her tail and dancing in the hind end. Kind of bucking up but one leg at a time, and kicking at her belly. I tried my best to swat the flies off, but... it wasn't really working. I even sprayed her with deep woods off!! And fly spray! So we then decided to go out in the open area. Which was better, bug wise. We did a tiny bit of trotting and then we were heading towards the lake. There were two people there already and they were bareback so I asked Sharon if she would mind going to the XC field and letting me pop over some and then we could go back to the trailers and untack and go back to the lake for splashing time. She agreed and said that sounded fun, so that's what we did. 

 

I let her trot around a bit first while Lyric and I snacked and then she let me go jump. Lyric was frisky and wanted to go! Even in the jump bit. Although it was on the snaffle, not even on the hook. I trotted her over one tadpole log and then we jumped the started triple log stack. Then she cantered off and we tried to find something else and ended up walking down the hill to a little hanging log. She jumped that well. Like... she almost could have put down another stride but I sort of saw the long spot and jumped and she came with me! Although at the last minute I think I realized I was jumping ahead because somehow I also felt like I got left behind. So yay. Good girl. We cantered a few more strides and I was looking for another fence and then she started skipping/bouncing. It took me two strides to realize she had probably stepped on her shoe so I immediately pulled her up. Sigh.. yep, The front left shoe was half off. UGHHHH. Come on! I just wanted to freakin' jump my pony! Over more than two fences! GRRRRRRR. Sadly the medial nails were in tight so I could not pry the shoe off. Sharon came up and offered to go get a hoof pick and a screwdriver to see if that would help. She was going to be our "knight in shining armor" and "Save the day". ha ha! So we snacked while they went back to the trailer. Her screwdriver was a shorty one, so.. I couldn't get enough leverage. So... we slowly walked back to the trailer. Luckily she was sore but not too bad. I don't think it had twisted enough that she was stepping on the clip or anything. When we got back to the trailer I pulled out my screwdriver and my  hammer and was finally able to get the shoe off. Of course in the process of walking up at the very end or maybe my prying, the clip went into her while line a little, but managed to draw a little bit of blood. Sigh... 

 



So I hosed it off, soaked it in hoof stuff and we headed home. Mike and I managed to still get to the lake, though it was later than we wanted by a tiny bit. We had fun on the jet skis and luckily my migraine went away with a Dr. Pepper for lunch and a pill. Then tonigth when I was feeding them dinner, I decided to check her hind shoe because she looked an awful lot like it had been sliding back and while the clips were still hanging on, it just looked like it was sliding. I was debating whether I should just pull that one too or not. But then when I went to pick her foot up... the shoe was already gone. Dangit! I guess. So now I've got 8 of the 12 shoes on my horses. Doh!

 

I am so annoyed. Now I can't do a lesson on Tuesday. I can't ride either girl on Tuesday. I may be done early enough tomorrow that I could have ridden, but now who? And then on Thursday I have my biopsy, so in theory I could ride Thursday, Friday, and all weekend... but Patrick isn't coming til Friday. Which, at least he's scheduled to come then already. But if my biopsy sucks and I don't feel like riding... argh. Oh well. Maybe the biopsy will be no big deal, they'll all have shoes back on by Friday morning and Dan will be cleared to ride again by then, so... I can hopefully ride all 3 on Friday! I can't go to the lake or river for 10 days after my biopsy, so Mike and I won't be able to do anything water related at least. So hopefully he'll understand if I ride all weekend. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Validation... Listening.... New plans...

Engaged!!

Maybe more better