Cranky and meh
I must be hormonal because I am a bit cranky today. Well... actually.. I was a bit emotional today. Dan made me cranky. But.. I'm still cranky tonight, long after Dan made me cranky, so... probably hormones. And, apparently Lyric is hormonal too because she is in heat.
I rode her after I rode Dan and.. meh. It wasn't a great ride. It wasn't horrible. Just.. really not great. We flatted at home and she was just really struggling to bend left. I can't seem to get her off the left rein and into the right rein and she's getting hollow tracking left. Interestingly though, when we sit the trot, it's easier to bend left. Maybe because she's slower and more rocked back onto her haunches? I don't know. My brain is too tired and cranky to think through it. Maybe it's just because she's in heat.
Our canters still feel very heavy again, but at least they are canters and not just flailing legs again. So yeah.. I tried some transitions, but.. meh. It just wasn't a great ride. Or maybe it wasn't any different of a ride but because of my mental state I'm focusing on the bad parts. We did have some good moments. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. And hopefully I'll be more mentally and emotionally stable tomorrow.
Thanks for trying to be a good girl Lyric.









Comments
Post a Comment