Back to Work
After I rode Dan this morning... I stalled. I was hot and sweaty. It's hot and humid out. And ugh... But finally I decided I should just go get Lyric and "get it over with". ha ha. It was actually good timing though. It's still hot, but there was a tiny bit of cloud cover and a bit of a breeze, so it was almost nicer than when I had ridden Dan. Maybe. ha ha. I guess I'm just finally getting used to this stupid ridiculous weather. But poor Lyric was sweaty before I even got on. Granted that may have been because her and Funny were running like fools earlier this morning because Dan got loose from me and took off. I picked her feet out, used a soft brush to make sure there wasn't any "chunks" on her and tacked up. Sorry girl, but it's only gonna get sweatier and you'll get a good rinse when we're done.
We tacked up and headed to the arena via the field. She was good and we warmed up. She was a bit sluggish at the walk and our stretchy trot but I tried not to "chase her" and let her build on her own. And once I picked her up, she was pretty good and more forward. We trotted some trot poles and did our circles and such. She was a bit bracy today and throwing her shoulders out and falling in no matter which direction we went, so I did some "octagons" and square turns and made sure I was using outside reins. It eventually got better. We also played with trotting the trot poles and then cantering the rest of the circle, and even threw in the little half jump too. She did pretty good.
We finished up with some more flatting and she got really good! I was focusing on balancing her body underneath her with my weight aids and trying to not just hang on the left rein. I was trying to ride the light and give to the heavy. And I was trying to get her into the outside rein, which is really hard when the outside rein is the right rein. But, for whatever reason... things came together and we got a really nice ride at the end. It was tenuous and she lost it a bit but we got a whole circle both ways so I called it quits before it could get bad again. Good girl!!
She also got a nice long bath and then she got to go back out.









Comments
Post a Comment