Ooof... what an emotional lesson... but I didn't let myself really dwell on it, because... no crying!! There's no crying in horseback riding. Sigh... ha! I knew she might be lame but... Jacel is so good at "investigations" and working around things that it was worth a try. Like Liz.. maybe we could ride her sound. So... I tacked her up and we headed to the arena. We got on and started walking around and she was a slug. Like... She was not wanting to go. I should have grabbed my whip. Jacel showed up pretty quickly and we were chatting but Lyric was just dragging. I told Jacel that she had been lame and what my thoughts on the matter were. I mentioned that I really didn't think it was foot and thought it was her cervicothoracic area but you know.. who am I to think I'm right and two really smart vets are wrong. Although Jacel made a good point... they can only see what is right in front of them... I've got the whole story. So... we figured we'd see wha...
rode at home. yesterday was stuck in the other pasture because the wind blew the gate mostly closed still concerned.... bite marks on butt, or... scratches? Had her ass in the bushes friday. but haven't seen her on the trough in a bit. ??? Did have crusty mare bits, so.. maybe that was the itchy part. Rode today... checked the bliss.. the next plate down seems too narrow, so added front shims and rode in bliss dressage and felt better. not touching her withers/dropping. ride was better... still chompy but got some nice work... still wanting to not go into outside rein either way. bottomed out hard enough to throw me off the diagonal twice and less so a third time. canter felt icky, especially right, but... overall better ride. better in her neck and back... more willing to go forward. forgot to shockwave her today... will tomorrow hopefully. not sure if i was more adamant on connection and stuff because I "knew" she shouldn't hurt and if that's why she was bett...
Last previcox dose tuesday pm. vet visit. so good for students. neuro? like she doesn't know where her feet are. but maybe neck? sore neck, sore pelvis. lame left front, worse tracking right. flexions made her worse, but left front got progressively worse as we flexed all the limbs. blocked to left foot (though was suspected that it was going to be neck). rads and us wnl aside from slight thickening of straight sesamoidian ligament. Neck ultrasound showed enthesiophytes at C5 bilaterally and c7 bilaterally, but c7 left was very odd. plan: inject SI joints, inject c5-t1 bilaterally, and have me shockwave the left front. week off then back to work. can do osphos if no change or not enough for generalized "body bone pain". Good pony
Comments
Post a Comment