Sound!
Poor Lyric. She still looked a little foot sore this morning. I ended up giving her a gram of bute with breakfast. I went to get her later this afternoon for our ride and they were all in the far corner. She must have been licking the red clay because she was wearing some serious lipstick! Ha ha.. Girl! What is happening!!? Hee hee. Weirdo.
(her little spit bubble!)
Since we were right by the arena, I decided to take her in and lunge her to make sure she was sound. And she was. She was a bit sluggish and mincy, but.. she kind of always is on the lunge unless you chase her. I debating just lunging her for the day but since she was so sluggish, I thought... nah, let's ride. Then I can at least feel if she's still sore or just wanting to not stride out. We walked back and tacked up and then I hopped on at the round pen and we headed up to the arena.
Dan came cantering up and got Lyric amped up so she tried to buck and take off. No ma'am!! She gave a few head shakes and then settled down. Then Funny came running up, but luckily not as close and Lyric kept all her feet on the ground. We got to the arena and then she was back to her normal self.
I didn't ride for very long, just in case she was still sore. But she didn't take any funny steps and wasn't short or choppy. (Not after Dan got her amped up I guess). She was a bit braced in her topline, but not terribly. Not necessarily any worse than she can be on a normal day. We did get some good moments and our canter departs were quite nice and prompt today. Yay! I won't give her any more bute and hopefully she'll still feel good tomorrow.








Comments
Post a Comment