Good Sport!

 So... I thought Lyric MIGHT be sound today. She was pretty darn lame Sunday sadly. But then Monday, when I put her in the round pen, she was like 85% sound and was frisky. It was just too hot and humid to ride and too late. My day got away from me. So I didn't... but I was hoping that today would be far enough out from her sore foot that she would have bounced back. And after my lesson on Funny, her and Dan were running around in the field and she was bucking and playing, so... my suspicions were even more validated. Although.. she was also straddling the water trough yesterday morning. :( 

I was debating taking her to Ashland to ride with Kelli instead of Dan because of what Liz had said about not riding Dan today. But then Kelli was not messaging me at all. She had said she should be done by 12:30 ish and would call me on her way home and could probably ride at 2, but then.. it was like... 1:30 and nothing. And it had rained around 12:30 and then the sky turned blue again. But I checked the radar and it was not looking like the weather was going to cooperate! Ashland was showing storms around 3ish and then I was getting close to not having time to get to Ashland anyways, because I had a jump lesson at 6 pm that I needed to be leaving Ashland by 4:15 to get home in time to get to. Kelli finally messaged an apology that she had run way late and would call shortly when she did leave. But by then I had decided that the weather was not conducive and I would just ride Lyric at home. So I did. 

 

She was still wet from getting rained on but I tacked up and we walked up to the arena. It was soooo steamy hot! Like a jungle. Ugh. We did a long walk warm up and then went to work. And she was sound!!! She started off by trotting super short and shuffly but after one lap of me pushing, she stretched out and started moving more normally. Phew!

 

We had a good ride. We kept it fairly short because of the humidity and then the thunder had started rumbling again so I was a little afraid we were going to get stormed on again. I didn't give her a ton of breaks, but honestly.. it's so humid I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference. She was quite good and we had some decent work. Her right lead canter feels a little sluggish but the rest was decent. We're still struggling to bend left but honestly I think it's a lot me. She also doesn't want to go into that right rein, whether it's the inside or the outside, so I think not having an outside rein tracking left doesn't help. We did get some good moments though, especially when I shifted my body and brought both hands to the left. And didn't block her with the left hand across her neck. 

 

We walked back home and she got a nice rinse because she was hot! I'm sorry girl.. my too! It's just so swampy and steamy. She cooled off though and then it started to rain again. So out she went. Although it never did more than sprinkle and thunder. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Validation... Listening.... New plans...

Engaged!!

Maybe more better