Good Ride

 Ahhh, my normal happy sweet Lyric is back. To her credit, she was not being accosted by bugs! And it wasn't as hot. We just rode at home this morning. I was going to take Dan to Ashland for a hack but it was nice enough that I decided to ride Lyric at home first. So that's what we did. 

 

She was super good too! We had a nice ride for most of the ride. She was still a tiny bit braced tracking to the left, but not too bad today. And apparently I can turn my shoulders to the left with her. We played with shoulder in at the walk and trot and it felt decent. We also played with leg yields and they were better today too. Our canter departs are getting much better, as is the canter. We also played with the obstacles and she did quite well with the drums.. I rode her shoulders with my outside rein which helped a lot! We did the switch cup (without touching the cup, but trot in, halt, and reinback) and while the reinback was hollow, it was straight and she didn't knock the standards over or panic about them. We also did the gate really smoothly! And the livestock pen was good too. And the single slalom poles were quite nice. Good pony. We finished with some leg yields and halt and salutes. 

 

It was just a nice ride overall, so yay! We hacked back home and she got a bath and turned back out. Later tonight I opened the gate up to the dog pen pasture and was mowing and they were being silly. But they kept their shoes on, so yay!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Validation... Listening.... New plans...

Engaged!!

Maybe more better