Fancy to Feral

Well, I got bored. Since I'm giving Lyric's stifles time to get unsticky while she grows, and Dan's been lame... and the weather sucks... no riding. BUT.. the weather didn't suck today. It was cold, but not bad at all! So... I opted to do a little lunge work and rehab work with Lyric. We walked up to the arena and did our pillar walks. Then we did some lunging. She started out short and mincy and not tracking up at all! Is it because you hurt? You're still stuck? or you are muscle bound? Or...  So I decided to ask for a canter to see if that helped. Well, she didn't canter, not at first. But she picked up the pace and actually started trotting like a real horse and she looked so much better. She wasn't tracking up but at least she was only 1 hoof print of less off vs 8 hoofprints off! We did have a canter each way and she hollowed a little so we didn't do it for very long. But she was quite nice in her trot work once I kept her going. 

 

After that we did some of the stifle isometric stretches and the front and back shifts. Then I took the lunge line off and let her be free. I tried trotting to the gate and she followed me.. but only at the walk. Ha ha! Good girl though. I also got a few confo shots and I think she sprouted her wither again, instead of just in the butt. I really need to measure her again!


 She's still camped under behind though. 


  
 

Then I turned her out and got some rocks to fill up the hole in the arena where the waters washed it out. And they were total idiots! They were cracking me up. Then once I got back to the gate, they went on a few gallop sprees and... Lyric lost a front shoe. sigh... Well. There yah go. God is telling me "I know you're tempted to ride soon, but let her stifles rest". Sigh... She's scheduled to see the farrier Friday so I guess she'll get off til then.




They were cracking me up. She was chewing on the wood... then picking fights with Fleck. She's one of us now!! But that breathing thing is still concerning. But.. she scoped clean, so... 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic