Bad Life Choices

 This morning we had Sara come to do Fleck's feet and trim Funny. I left the blankets on the ponies because it was chilly. After Sara left the plan was to go XC schooling with Dan, and I had to pick up Laura and Smartie so I was in a bit of a hurry to make it on time. I ran inside to use the bathroom and let the dogs back inside. The horses were all just outside the barn eating hay. When I came back out they had migrated out halfway to the back... Ugh. I walked out with a halter and cookies and pulled Fleck's blanket.  He was actually still near the barn. But then Lyric saw me heading towards her. She spun, kicked up her heels and galloped off. NOOOOO... naughty girl!! Ugh. I grabbed Funny's blanket and luckily Dan heard me mention cookies so he didn't take off. He let me catch him. I started to walk back to the barn with him and was calling Lyric. She went screeching across the pasture, bucking and kicking. GIRL!!! bad life choice. I tried a few more times as she came closer, but... nope. 

Well you know what mare... you might just have to be hot today darling! I pulled Dan out of the pasture and she sort of came closer, so I walked him back in the gate.. and then she took off again! Ok... fine... you chose poorly sister! I did text Mike to ask him if he would pull her clothes off when he got home if she cooperated. And never heard from him. Turns out.. she was in the far corner when he got home, so... poor girl stayed in her 100 gram with her 200 gram with hood on over it. Whoops!!! I don't know how warm it got here, but it was 58 degrees in Aiken and sunny. 

When we got home it was dark and chilly... but not too bad. I pulled her blankets off and she was dry, but you could tell she had been sweating. Again.. you chose that path love. Maybe tomorrow you won't be such a twit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

No rest