Fun Stuff

 Today was a fun day! We had a lesson at Ashland with Jacel. Originally it was supposed to be XC because.... you know, it's been awhile. But then Laura said she could join last minute and I guess we didn't tell her it was XC so she hacked down without her vest. So, no worries, we changed to stadium. Luckily they had just finished dragging the arenas and replacing all the show fences with schooling fences and it was open. And it was great! We had so much fun. 

Lyric is so brave, even when she's not brave. We worked on footwork again today with placing poles. And Lyric was a bit feral! She was in racehorse mode and forward!!! Which, was harder on me because I started to get a little handsy, but then also a little tipped with my shoulders. Not bad though!!! Jacel said I never once got "crazy" with my body! I panicked once, but never got crazy. yay! But about halfway through the lesson, I just got a hair taller in my body and sat a bit more on my seat bones and... she shifted! She rocked back on her hind end more and settled into a nice forward but not frantic canter. Yes, it was still quick, but.. it wasn't running. And then she was more uphill and balanced and I could ride her without being in her face and be more supportive and send her with my legs. I still sat deeper than in a half seat but I didn't have to drive (like I had previously had to do). It was pretty cool to feel the difference! And when I sat that way, it was easier to keep my shoulders up but also give with my hands. Although, I do think I could have given more a few times. But it was a different kind of feel to my "sit" today. Like... I sat more on my pockets than sitting deeper.. just rotated my pelvis some. And, I'm kind of proud.. my position looks pretty good! That saddle is hard because it makes me pretty darn balanced and clearly, my position is pretty good considering! But I feel like I jump ahead of the pommel often but if I try not to, I end up sitting behind/on the cantle. And the flap is so forward. It's odd. But, it works and I can't afford another one, so... ;) It stays!

Anyways... fun ride. Lyric got a little worried a few times, and she almost gets braver to the fences when she's scared but then panics at the last minute. She runs at them and then tries to stop and process. But she went every time today and she learns so quick. It was nice because Laura said "She's coming along so nicely.. you can tell she really trusts you more now". Awww... yay! Though, shame on me, because my brain still went to "Or it's because she's afraid you're gonna beat her if she doesn't". Sigh. I do think she likes jumping though. We both had fun today!

 
Because it was getting dark, we didn't do any hacking.. just rinsed off the sweat and headed home!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic