It's getting serious...

 BN baby!

XC prep. 

feral in the beginning. scary. but because she gets me all weeblywobbly up top. once i sit down and into her and get my balance not scary. also, move her shoulders, don't let her throw her shoulders around to get me. dig my spur into her, send her forward, and opening reins (Move both hands).

after the first 5 minutes, totally fine. Still "hot" but not scary. 

jumped a few ... a bit rough starting but once I sat down into her and stayed balanced, she jumped them all. I had to growl at a few but it gave her confidence. and she likes it.

did the banks at a canter! Eeeks, even the slightly bigger one. but not down, only up. did canter down the little one. cantered into water and she jumped bold into it. jumped a combo

so.. ugly... not pretty yet. but... it's progress. jacel made me happy by basically saying that while I'm an amateur, I'm capable of giving lyric a pro ride. which means it ain't always pretty. but it gets the job done and instills confidence in her. and thus in me. I am worthy, talented, and capable of doing this. Don't listen to Satan telling me otherwise. 

super proud of lyric for womaning up too. Even jumped the ramp first time!! She hover jumped it... and almost from a standstill, but... i kept my shoulders back so she went. :) jumped it better the second time. Just can't get our timing so I'm feeling a bit left behind but SO MUCH BETTER THAN AHEAD!! and she doesn't even know when she's leaving just yet. 

good girl



also.. maybe two days past our year anniversary?! ooops







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic