Still lame and... shenanigans afoot

 This is where having 3 riding horses comes in handy! Although I suppose Funny doesn't quite count yet. I tried to ride Lyric again today and she's still lame. Sigh.. I'm glad I was able to ride Dan and him and I had a blast, but I was really wanting to ride Lyric too. Time's a wastin' and we've got RRP coming up! :) Plus.. she's fun. 

 
This morning I woke up to some shenanigan sounds in the stalls although it was short lived so I didn't investigate. When I fed I found Lyrics fly boot (still velcroed) in the stall next to a long thick splintered piece of wood. I'm guessing it's a piece of the stall? She didn't have any marks or wounds on her and was walking fine, but kept resting that leg. Argh.. come on girl!! Get it together! So anyways.. I gave her some bute with breakfast, so I was sort of hoping that maybe we'd be okay to ride in the arena. So I tacked up and headed up there. She was a bit fussy going up  because the other ponies were in the roundpen eating clover. We managed to make it though without too much fuss and I figured I should probably check the fencelines after the storm (although that was two days ago and they would have probably escaped by now, but still!). So we did. We scared two fawns just on the other side of the fence line and they scrambled in the brush and tripped over the other wire fence and made Lyric startle! She didn't do anything though but was watching them hard. Then behind us, Momma deer suddenly jumped out from the brush and jumped to the side to go check on them. THAT made Lyric jump and spin! Doh! Once she saw momma deer though she was fine. Gracious!

We headed to the arena and did some walk work. She was pretty good and not too braced. But she was leaning hard onto my left leg and felt like her back was dipping left. Ugh. Definitely more noticeable at the trot. But she was definitely still lame. She maybe felt a hair less lame but I'm also wondering if it's because she's lame both front and hind now thanks to this morning. Sigh... Ugh. So... we headed back to the barn. On the way there she was actually striding out more so I thought... hmmm... I wonder if it's just foot soreness if she'll be sound on the grass. So we trotted. And she got fiesty! She definitely was sounder but then she got mad because of the other ponies and was power trotting but then was so crooked at times. So I tried to work through it and get a few nice strides so I could gather more information so I could decide what to do about her feet and being barefoot. Well, she got SUPER mad and bucked and then reared and then bucked again! Oh no ma'am!! It was actually quite the good attempt. So... we did a few circles around the roundpen so we could quit with something good. 

Goober! But yeah... I really hope that I can get her comfy again because... I miss riding her. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic