Last Day of the year

The last day of the year. Goodbye 2022. And... kind of Good Riddance. Lyric might be about the only good thing that happened this year. 

 
Anyways.. we didn't do anything special today. I'm still blue about Dan. And Mike and I didn't make any fun plans because... quite frankly, I don't have it in me, but also because I wasn't sure how she would do with the fireworks. I knew the others would be fine as they have been before. But I had no idea how she would do. 

 

So we spent the day at home and I was able to work ponies. Lyric and I did our pillar walks in the arena. She's so smart and does pillar 3 now almost every time we stop and I start to even think about asking (and often when I don't ask). And she walked through the puddle and then stopped and drank. She's so funny. She uses her lower lip like a shovel and flaps the water up into her mouth before she drinks like a normal horse. Goofy! 

 
Afterwards we lunged and she was so good. She's really starting to figure out the downward stretch! And I think she's realizing it's good for her because I even got some licks and chews. Interestingly... she's better tracking to the left, which I was expecting to be harder given the canter issues. 

 

 




Then, I went ahead and just gave her some trazadone with dinner.. just in case. 
But luckily it seemed uneccessary. The fog was so thick that you could hear the fireworks but not see them. Which I think was probably helpful. They ate happily and were on alert, but no real shenanigans. Good job kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic