Progress, but baby steps

 This morning I tried again. We went into the roundpen after breakfast (and enough of a break) and I worked with Lyric on the pillars. I started with just asking for pillar 1 at the halt and even knelt down on the ground and just sat there for a bit. She relaxed and even seemed like she was processing some. I still didn't get a yawn or a huge release, but I did get a bit more licking and chewing than usual maybe. We did that a few times and then we did our walks in pillar 1. I played a little bit with having her trot next to me and that got better too! We also ended up playing with pillar 3, but it was no pressure and no agenda.. just... see what you do with it. And it was successful. 

I also played a little bit with her turning her head to my hip when I stand next to her and then yielding her barrel over and away. From Aubreys video she posted the other day. It took her a minute at first, and then I left it alone for a bit and went back to just pillar 1 at the halt. Then I asked once more and she got it nicely! Good girl!

We called it quits with that and I turned her back out. Oh, and half way through I unhooked her lead and went and grabbed the whip. She didn't get frantic and walked back up to me when I came back in. Yay! 

Tonight while I was making dinner, her and Funny were flirting with each other. They are both in heat and they are both ridiculous. At one point they were squealing at each other but then peeing at each other. Good gravy! After dinner I picked out her feet and we practiced a little bit for Freddie. Then I put corona ointment on all her boo boos. Now she's more spotted than Funny. Ha ha. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic