Pillar Pro

So, since my plan is to do RRP (retired racehorse project) with her, we can only have 15 rides before December 1st. And, regardless, she needs some time to decompress and grow up and put on weight and get shoes replaced, etc. So, we'll spend some time doing those things. And treating her for ulcers (Started that day 1). She is barefoot behind at the moment and has regular shoes (well, not race plates but not really regular shoes) up front. 

So we are working on her body. She's very downhill and collapsed in her thoracic sling, so... we'll do body work and pillar work!

I took her to the roundpen and we started on some pillar work. She was pretty good at it although she's so good at following the lead, it's hard to really tell if she has a connection to contact, as there really isn't much contact. But she's getting the hang of it. Especially because she now likes cookies!  

Afterwards I took her for a little walk about. She gets much more nervous away from the herd and was a bit amped up in the driveway. She sort of forgot I was there and walked over me. I corrected her and she was  better, but still very much on edge compared to in the pasture. I gave her a nice rinse and sprayed her with coat conditioner and turned her back out. 

Then I ran the manure spreader with the tractor and she wasn't scared of it. Not one bit. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

well dammit

Our First Blues!

Chill girl at the Tik clinic